About the Duplo 600i Intelligent Booklet System
The 600i Booklet System delivers a great package for both offset and digital printers: high quality booklets, simple and intelligent operation, high productivity, and the ability to offer additional booklet formats such as A4 landscape. The 600i combines high speed, intelligent DSC-10/60i Collator Towers with the easy to use DBM-600 Bookletmaker and Trimmer, running at up to 5,200 booklets per hour.
Fully automatic and designed to cater for the needs of mid-high volume commercial printers and in-plants, the 600i Booklet System is a productive and flexible booklet maker, capable of handling a wide range of paper types that can be variable within a single job. An impressive production speed of 5,200 booklets per hour and collating speeds of up to 20,000 A4 sets per hour.
Quickly create and save jobs in the system’s PC Controller software and use this to automatically change over between jobs in seconds rather than minutes. Equipping the DSC-10/60i collator towers with ultrasonic sensors helps automatically detect double feeds regardless of paper weight, making it great for documents involving variable sheets.
Why buy the Duplo 600i? For business owners
The Duplo 600i Intelligent Booklet System is the ideal solution for high production, high quality booklet making. The industry standard Hohner stitching heads reduce the cost per booklet considerably due to the yield of stitches per wire spool, around 50,000 booklets per spool is achievable.
A4 landscape booklets and 300 x 300 mm finished photo albums are among the exciting formats that the 600i Booklet System makes possible. It can accommodate sheets up to 610mm long and can be equipped with a smart Trail Edge Air kit to ensure good sheet separation for long sheets.
Fast set-up and fast job changeover – no more than a minute in either case – all functionality is operated from the touch screen PC Controller which is housed on the rear of the collator towers for ease of access. Intelligent collator towers offer the ability to not only collate sets but also offer sheet by sheet feeding technology allowing both traditionally printed materials to be merged with pre-collated digital outputs. Programmable functions reduce downtime, increase productivity and efficiency, Block Mode is one of these features and means the tower can effectively be split in half, so that bins can be loaded even while a job is running, and even if the paper size is different. There is also alternate bin mode, split top bin and interleave modes, all of which offer continued production without interruption.
For further productivity increases the Duplo 600i can be equipped with the Duplo DKT200 which offers three knife trimming of the finished job and removes the need for guillotining prior to starting production. The Duplo DKT200 can also be equipped with a gutter cut tool, a real productivity boost is delivered by the gutter knife. It enables 2-up printed pages to be finished, reducing downtime and doubling effective production speeds.
Why buy for the Duplo 600i? For operators
The fully automated 600i Intelligent Booklet System is extremely easy to use, quickly create and save jobs in the system’s PC Controller software and use this to automatically change over between jobs in seconds rather than minutes. Equipping the DSC-10/60i collator towers with ultrasonic sensors helps automatically detect double feeds regardless of paper weight, making it great for documents involving variable sheets.
Each DSC-10/60i collator tower has ten bins and the flow of air to each bin can be controlled and adjusted independently according to paper stock weight and size. Intelligent Multi Bin Feeding also allows operators to select individual bins or group multiple bins together to best suit the application.
- High capacity Booklet System aimed at commercial print
- A4 Landscape and 300 mm square booklet capabilities
- Intelligent Feeder Towers
- Automated, precise, intelligent setup with no tools
- PC Controller setup of entire operation
- Hohner stitch heads ensure high speed continuous production and lower consumable costs
- Intelligent vacuum collator towers, A4 landscape booklet maker with integrated trimmer
- Feed multiple sheets from a single station to allow merge of digital and litho printed materials
- Option for three knife trimming with gutter cut to enable 2 up production (DKT200)
- Superior feeding thanks to the air management system ensures all stock types are fed with ease
- Designed for use by mid-high volume commercial print companies
- Collates (either sets or sheets), Stitches, Fold and Trims in one pass
- Hand marry tray allows integration of difficult stocks or extra pages
- Can handle a wide variety of media
- User friendly thanks to PC Controller and Duplo Software
- Automatic set-up
- Bi-directional towers can be run simultaneously in opposite directions for Booklet Making and Collating in same production
- Collate up to 20,000 sets per hour
- Produce up to 5,200 booklets per hour
- Modular Design
- System grows as your business grows
- Economical to run, especially for higher volumes
- A4 Landscape Booklets
- 300 x 300 mm Photo Books
- Academic Journals
- Tourist Guides
- Education and Training Books