About the Duplo iSaddle X Intelligent Booklet System
Unlike with the old-generation saddle stitchers, so many of today’s automated saddle stitchers produce booklets that don’t remain flat. With the Duplo iSaddle you get the best of both worlds – flatter publications with all the time-saving and quick changeover you would expect from an automated system.
Furthermore, you can expand your application options with A4 landscape format work. Included in the range is the iSaddle PRO, equipped with the high speed DSF-6000 sheet feeder, capable of 600 sheets per minute.
Manage complex variable data jobs with ease using the DSC-10/60i towers. Each bin within every collator tower can operate independently or be linked to other bins or towers, as you require. Bi-directional feeding is also available.
Why buy the Duplo iSaddle X? For business owners
Enjoy the automated features of a modern saddle stitcher, with the ability to produce flat publications like traditional machines did. The Duplo iSaddle X is a future-proofed investment, opening up new application possibilities such as A4 landscape that will improve your profitability and help you grow your business.
The secret to the iSaddle’s ability to deliver flatter books is in the automatic positioning of its folding wheels in the plough folder. Before that, the scoring wheels are also automatically positioned, creating the correct height according to the number of pages programmed.
Make-ready is quick and accurate on the Duplo iSaddle X through its automatic set-up, all managed from a user-friendly touchscreen PC controller. There are no tools or manual processes required in job changeover, and operators can save an unlimited number of jobs in the system memory for instant recall.
For further productivity increases the Duplo 600 Pro can be equipped with the Duplo DKT200 which offers three knife trimming of the finished job and removes the need for guillotining prior to starting production. The Duplo DKT200 can also be equipped with a gutter cut tool, a real productivity boost is delivered by the gutter knife. It enables 2-up printed pages to be finished, reducing downtime and doubling effective production speeds.
Why buy for the Duplo iSaddle X? For operators
The fully automated Duplo iSaddle X Intelligent Booklet System is extremely easy to use thanks to the simplicity of the touch screen PC Controller and unique Duplo Software which allows full control over all aspects of the machine from one central command station.
Work with difficult paper stocks in sizes up to landscape A4 and be certain of optimum paper feeding reliability. Each DSC-10/60i collator tower has ten bins and the flow of air to each bin can be controlled and adjusted independently according to paper stock weight and size. Intelligent Multi Bin Feeding also allows operators to select individual bins or group multiple bins together to best suit the application.
- High capacity Saddle Stitch Booklet System aimed at the Commercial Printer
- A4 Landscape and 300 mm square booklet capabilities
- True flat booklets thanks to inline scoring and saddle stitch design
- Automated, precise, intelligent setup with no tools
- PC Controller setup of entire operation
- Hohner stitch heads ensure high speed continuous production and lower consumable costs
- Up to 6 intelligent DC 10/60i Collators can be added
- Collate set by set or sheet by sheet in sizes up to A4 landscape
- Feed multiple sheets from a single station to allow merge of digital and litho printed materials
- Option for three knife trimming with gutter cut to enable 2 up production (DKT200)
- Superior feeding thanks to the air management system ensures all stock types are fed with ease
- Designed for use by high volume commercial print companies
- High speed set by set or sheet by sheet feeding, Stitches, Fold and Trims in one pass
- Can handle a wide variety of media
- User friendly thanks to PC Controller and Duplo Software
- Automatic set-up
- Processes up to 5,000 Booklets per hour
- Modular Design
- System grows as your business grows
- Economical to run, especially for higher volumes
- Single phase power supply
- Ideal companion to a Muller, Stitch Master or similar high capacity commercial booklet solutions
- A4 Landscape Booklets
- 300 x 300 mm Photo Books
- Academic Journals
- Tourist Guides
- Education and Training Books