About Grafcut GC-480 PRO Case Making System
Introducing a new range of Professional Case Making Machines which are exclusively imported and fully supported throughout the UK by Afterprint Ltd, The Grafcut GC-480 Range!
The all new semi automated Grafcut GC-480 PRO was developed by Grafcut based on their extensive knowledge of Case Making Equipment. Their goal was to create a device to fill the niche between more automated devices and budget devices of low quality and low flexibility in terms of possible materials. Compared to the Compact model, the PRO version has been expanded with an automated turning in and pressing module as well as colour touch screen control system.
The GC-480 PRO offers unrivalled performance thanks to the integration of a professional gluing machine and the automated turning in and pressing module which vastly increases productivity for larger run volumes. The GC-480 PRO is capable of producing a hard case cover every 22 seconds which equates to 163 cases per hour with very little operator fatigue thanks to the seamless workflow. The GC-480 PRO has been ergonomically designed to ensure all the necessary controls are within easy reach of the operator, thus making it very easy to use for longer periods. This all in one system offers users a semi-automated solution for the quick, professional creation of Hard Case Book Covers with complete control over the size, thickness and design of your own on-demand book case, the possibilities are endless!
As with the GC-480 Compact the GC-480 PRO incorporates a vacuum table but also has the addition of a light table as well as a fully adjustable guide rail which is easily placed into position when required and is easily removed when not. Thanks to the light table, the position of your cover is always precise with your spine text easily set exactly in the correct position.
The simple work flow of the GC-480 PRO ensures productivity remains high. The integrated professional gluing machine is centrally controlled from the colour touch screen, ideally located directly in line with the operator for quick easy referencing. The operator simply pushes the cover material through the gluing device which pre-heats the material to prevent water condensation before applying a thin layer of hot animal glue. The glued cover material is rolled and returned to the operator ready to place onto the case making table. As the sheet is placed the vacuum automatically turns on and draws the sheet onto the table for accurate assembly. The spacer bars are then dropped into position and the operator can quickly place the spine and front/rear cardboard sheets. The operator now simply pushes the case into the automated roller assembly which folds two edges and returns the case to the operator side. The case is rotated 90 degrees and pushed back through the automated press rollers, the remaining two edges are now folded and the case is complete. The case can be delivered either back to the operator or be ejected out of the rear of the machine for faster production.
The GC-480 PRO Case Making solution is infinitely flexible and offers far more than just hard case production. The combination of an integrated professional gluing machine with the vacuum table also allows easy and professional production of back to back business cards, board mounting of posters, photo framing, clip boards, menu’s, ring binders as well as a host of other applications including bespoke production of hard case CD & DVD covers.
- Produce up to 150-160 Cases Per Hour (Operator Dependent)
- Professional semi automated case making solution
- Automatically folds two edges in each pass
- Colour touch screen controls
- Ironing and edge turning modes
- Front or rear delivery options
- Ideal for the production of hard cases for Book Binding and Thread Sewing
- Also able to produce Ring Binders, Menu’s, Clip Boards, Slip Covers and CD/DVD Covers
- Capable of operation with both Hot & Cold Glue
- Vacuum table ensures the glued media stays in place for easy case assembly
- Light table allows accurate positioning of spine text
- Cover positioning magnets
- Six heavy duty electrically driven press rollers ensure perfect case production
- Cleaning mode for incremental rotation of the glue rollers to facilitate easy wash down after use
- Emergency reverse function to remove errors
- Full self diagnostic system
- Delta PLC Controlled Software
- SICK Safety Guarding System
- Very quiet in operation
- Integrated shelf for storing cover boards and printed media
Typical Case Making Applications
- Booklet Production
- Thread Sewing
- Photograph Albums
- Mounting of Photographs
- Mounting of Posters
- Production of Ring Binders
- Production of Hard Case CD/DVD Covers