About the Lami Corp Kite 63HC Wide Format Laminator
AfterPrint is proud to be the Exclusive UK Agent for the Lami Corporation Range of Laminators.
The Lami Corporation Kite 63HC wide format laminating solution is the flagship model in the Japanese Manufacturers range offering true industrial performance that few other machines can match. This exclusive model is designed for commercial applications where flexibility, ease of use and the inherent capability to cope with continuous use in a graphics or sign making environment are the minimum requirements.
Unlike the smaller models, the Azalea and Camellia which only offer heat assist on the top roller up to 50 Degrees Celsius, the Kite 63HC incorporates fully heated top and bottom rollers with a maximum heat output of up to 150 Degrees Celsius. The incorporation of these heaters enables the Kite 63HC to not only offer traditional wide format applications using pressure sensitive films but, also an ability to offer wide format encapsulation of posters, maps and digital prints that can be exposed to the weather and yet remain fully water tight.
As with the Camellia 1600CL the Kite 63HC incorporates electronically controlled laminating roller pressure adjustment via a high power precision built servo motor. However, the Kite 63HC offers up to 17 different pressure settings, all of which are programmable for instant recall of repeat work and can be set to a maximum thickness of 30mm. To avoid damage or flat spots on the rollers the Kite 63HC will automatically open the rollers when you power off the machine.
Further advantages include, swing out, single pivot Mandrill Loading arms which enable heavy rolls of film to be slid into place. All the loading and unloading of the films can be done on the machine without the need to detach or re-attach often heavy and cumbersome film mandrills. Add in the standard inclusion of the electric rewinder on the rear of the machine and you have a model which can be loaded with ease and ran, reel to reel, without the need for an operator.
The intuitive, ergonomic LCD control panel with clear and functional indicators ensures that the Kite 63HC can be operated with ease and with very little training or expertise. All aspects of the Kites operation can be controlled from the central panel including operating temperature, speed, pressure positions of the rollers, rewinder functions, start/stop and a reverse function in case of a loading error or jam.
The swing away feeding table allows for easy access when loading whilst the integrated high-resolution safety beam across the front table ensures any finger trap or crushing hazard is completely removed. Safety is further enhanced by the incorporation of an Emergency Stop on both sides of the laminator.
As with all the Lami Corporation range of Roll Laminators the Kite 63HC incorporates crowned rollers on both the upper and lower rollers. Crowned rollers are thicker in the centre of the roll similar to the effect of a Crowned green for bowling where the centre of the green is raised up, known as the crown. The advantage of Crowned rollers is simple, you achieve a more stable finish without the need to apply high amounts of pressure to your product, essentially better results with less effort. Furthermore, Crowned rollers offer a much greater longevity of service than traditional rollers due to the lighter value of pressure needed for them to work.
The Kite 63HC offer laminating widths up to 1,600 mm at speeds up to 3.0 Metres Per Minute. All mandrills are designed for use 77mm core films and include a handy measuring scale for quick and precise film alignment. This model weighs in at over half a ton with a completely rigid chassis to prevent twisting or inaccuracies when in operation.
- Flagship Model in the Lami Corporation Wide Format Laminator Range
- Commercial Grade Machine for Industrial Applications
- Offers Laminating Widths up to 1,600 mm
- Large Roller Diameters for Perfect Pressure Applications (120 mm)
- Fully Heated Rollers Top & Bottom allow for Wide Format Encapsulation
- Heated Rollers are Independently Controlled for Heat Assist and Pressure Sensitive Applications
- Electronically Controlled 17 Position Roller Pressure Settings with Auto Release on Power Down
- Swing Out Mandrills for Quick and Easy Film Loading – No Need to Lift the Film into Position
- Reel to Reel Capability with Electrically Powered Rewind Mandrill Included as Standard
- Reel to Reel Capability Removes Reliance on a Dedicated Operator
- Mount up to 30 mm Substrate
- High-Resolution IR Safety Beam to Prevent Finger Trap
- Speeds from 0 to 3 Metres Per Minute
- LED Indicators for Machine Controls + Intelligent Foot Pedal which responds to differing command presses
- Requires Virtually Zero Training to Operate
- Class leading capabilities and build quality – The Kite 63HC weighs over Half a Ton!
- Designed, manufactured and assembled in Japan
- Designed for continuous use in the most demanding environments
- Ergonomic design ensures ease of use and reduction of RSI risks
- Crowned Application Rollers
- Single Piece Framework Ensures System Remains Rigid and Accurate
- Perfect Solution for Printers, Signage, Copy Shops, Graphics Industry, Exhibition Companies
- No Other Machine on the Market Even comes Close to the Capabilities and Build Quality of the Kite 63HC
- Exclusive AfterPrint Product in Partnership with Lami Corporation Ltd
- Wide Format Laminating up to 1,600 mm
- Mounting up to 30 mm
- Signage (Indoor & Outdoor)
- Large Format Graphics
- Creation of Exhibition Stands
- UV Protection of Delicate or Important Materials
- Point of Sale Items
- Encapsulation of Large Prints